Monday, December 12, 2011

Surrogacy: A first step

Initial appts are being scheduled with the reproductive endocrinologist to set a schedule to have my eggs harvested, Phill's sperm tested and fertilize some embryos. We'll freeze them in case its not easy to get fresh ones later.

We're also making an appt to sit down with a financial planner and discuss options for saving and or financing the $50,000 we would need in order to go forward with a surrogacy.

It feels good to share it with people! I haven't had the most supportive reactions so far, well aside from a select group of friends. But modern medical science is there and we might as well use it!

I keep wondering, how long this whole process will take. When will we afford it? How will we know when we've met the right person to carry our baby? And more importantly, how is our family going to react when we tell them? I'm worried, I'm scared. But I'm filled with hope. Hope for the potential a new baby would have, the amazing gift it would be for our family, the amazing gift it would be for our son to have a sibling.

No comments:

Post a Comment